VACANCY – Product Development Engineer
Don Whitley Scientific has decided to increase the number of staff engaged in new product development projects in order to accelerate the rate at which we introduce new products, options and accessories – and to continue to provide excellent technical support to our service department and our overseas distributors.
For this new role, based at our head office in Shipley, we are looking for someone with a background in software engineering, hardware engineering and new product development within a manufacturing company.
We are looking to employ an individual with attributes drawn from the following list to further strengthen our product development activities:
- A broad engineering background with a bias towards electrical, electronic and software engineering;
- Software writing and computer programming capabilities;
- Possess adequate competence in the use of Microsoft Office applications;
- A competent user of AutoDesk Inventor or an equivalent, industry-standard 3D modelling software package.
- Some appreciation of Installation, Operation and Performance Qualification (IQOQPQ) procedures and paperwork;
- Some understanding of Intellectual Property Rights (IPR);
- Experience of troubleshooting technical problems internationally;
- Any specialist abilities and experience in the following areas: mechanical engineering, schematic and plumbing layouts, design of pneumatic systems, design of temperature control, gas control and humidity control systems, knowledge of materials and industrial processes.
A UK driving licence will be required, along with a willingness to travel in the UK and abroad, as necessary.
To receive more information on this position and a full list of essential and desirable attributes, please email your CV to Evan Kitsell, Design Director at firstname.lastname@example.org by 30 September 2013.
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES