Dates for the 6th Practical & Clinical Microbiology of Anaerobes Course (P&CMAn) have now been announced. The course will be held on 18 and 19 June 2020 in Cardiff.
This 2 day residential course, now in its sixth year, is delivered by the UK Anaerobe Reference Unit, Public Health Wales, Cardiff. (Photo above from our 2019 course).
- Only 26 places available.
- CPD accredited by RCPath (11 credits)
- Invaluable preparation for FRCPath
Cost: £375 +VAT (or SAM Members - £355 +VAT)
Cost includes one night accommodation in Cardiff, breakfast, lunches & refreshments plus a Welsh themed dinner.
Aims of the Course:
- To promote an understanding and awareness of anaerobic bacteria in clinical material.
- To gain an insight into their relevance in clinical microbiology.
- To achieve a basic level of competence in methods used for their isolation and identification.
- To improve the standards of anaerobic microbiology in clinical laboratories.
What did last year's attendees think?
"Good mix of lab and clinical experiences. Great approachable team – thank you for being so helpful! Would recommend to my colleagues."
"Great course, friendly atmosphere, very well prepared speakers."
"Good order of presentations in morning and practical work in afternoon. Very well looked after throughout course and in the evening too."
"Overall, a fantastic course and huge thank you to everyone involved."
"Very well organised, fun-filled with a lot of valuable information. I really enjoyed the lectures, case studies especially as in laboratory we do not get to hear the whole background of the patient so it reminded me of the impact laboratories have and how crucial it is to investigate clinical cases."
"Very good course and has made me think how we can change our current practice."
A preliminary programme will be published in January 2020.
To reserve your place, please contact: email@example.com