The Whitley Automated Spiral Plater (WASP) eliminates serial dilutions. It offers a real reduction in the cost per test and standardises counting methods. It is used in the food industry to test for safe levels of bacteria and as a quality assurance and research tool in pharmaceuticals, water and dental.
Don Whitley Scientific offers a ‘Quality Counts Scheme’ in which you can participate should you need to provide external quality assessments (UK customers only).
Did you know that spiral plating techniques are recognised in the ISO4833-2 standard? Read the article on our blog.
- Use without any consumables ensuring minimal running costs.
- A single keystroke operation loads the sample, inoculates a plate and cleans the stylus to optimise sample throughput speed.
- It can dispense volumes from 10 µl to 400 µl providing immense flexibility and repeatability.
- 8 x 50 µl plates can be prepared in Syringe Mode in 2 minutes 35 seconds.
- Optional 15cm turntable to enable the use of 15cm plates.
- Optional self-centering, adjustable turntable – allows 9cm plates from different manufacturers to be used without manual adjustment.