Got A Question?Request A Callback
Whitley Automated Spiral Plater
The Whitley Automated Spiral Plater (WASP) eliminates serial dilutions. It offers a real reduction in the cost per test and standardises counting methods. It is used in the food industry to test for safe levels of bacteria and as a quality assurance and research tool in pharmaceuticals, water and dental.
WASP has many benefits for the busy laboratory, including:
- Use without any consumables ensuring minimal running costs.
- A single keystroke operation loads the sample, inoculates a plate and cleans the stylus to optimise sample throughput speed.
- It can dispense volumes from 10 µl to 400 µl providing immense flexibility and repeatability.
- 8 x 50 µl plates can be prepared in Syringe Mode in 2 minutes 35 seconds.
- Optional 15cm turntable to enable the use of 15cm plates.
- Optional self-centering, adjustable turntable – allows 9cm plates from different manufacturers to be used without manual adjustment.
Don Whitley Scientific offers a ‘Quality Counts Scheme’ which you can participate in should you need to provide external quality assessments (UK customers only).
Did you know that spiral plating techniques are recognised in the ISO4833-2 standard? Read the article on our blog.
And now there is the new WASP Touch spiral plater.
|Dimensions (w/d/h - mm)||530 / 410 / 360|
|Weight (lbs/kg)||38 / 17.5|
|Speed (approx)||8 x 50ul plates in Syringe Mode in 2 mins 35 secs|
|B00039||Disposable Beakers - 5ml|
|S01391||Bleach Reservoir Bottle|
|S01785||Cap with Hole for Bleach Reservoir Bottle|
|S02070||Powdered Ink (makes 250ml)|
|S02232||Compressed Spiral Counting Tables Pack|
|S01419||Autoclavable Water Pot for Sterile Water for WASP|
LiteratureWhitley Automated Spiral Plater FACT SHEETWhitley Automated Spiral Plater Installation DocumentWhitley Automated Spiral Plater Brochure
Published Papers/PostersCaubet R et al The Quantitative Assessment of Antimicrobial Agents: The Case of Sub-Inhibitory Concentrations of Eucalyptus globulus Essential Oil Against Staphylococcus aureusSewell D et al Oxygen limitation induces acid tolerance and impacts simulated gastro-intestinal transit in Listeria monocytogenes J0161. Gut Pathogens 2015; 7:11
There are no current downloads for this product.