A report from Southern General Hospital. The workstation has now been in the department for a full year and has been working well...
Got A Question?Request A Callback
Whitley A55 Workstation
The Whitley A55 provides a huge working capacity when there is a need to easily process, culture and examine samples without exposure to atmospheric oxygen. This workstation has two airlocks (one on the left and one on the right) and provides the ability to manipulate samples in a sustainable environment where parameters can be altered to create the required conditions.
- Features four instant access portholes that allow entry to the chamber in seconds without the need for gloves or sleeves, which means that sample manipulation within a secure anaerobic environment is now as easy as working aerobically on the laboratory bench. Two people can easily work side-by-side in this chamber, in the same environmental conditions.
- The A55 can accommodate between 1,000 and 1,400 x 90mm Petri dishes (depending on whether plate carriers are used and which accessories and system options have been incorporated).
- Removable front as standard on one half of the unit to facilitate the transfer of bulk samples or larger pieces of equipment for use inside the workstation.
- Two rapid airlocks each have a 40 Petri dish capacity and allow samples to be introduced and withdrawn at either end of the workstation offering maximum flexibility and improving the workflow in your laboratory. Both airlocks can be operated at the same time.
- Colour, touch-screen control panel for ease of use and for visual display of parameters such as temperature, humidity, and airlock cycle status.
- Optional conventional, oval, sleeved ports on the removable front section.
- Automatic commissioning cycle to save you time and resources.
ALSO available with a fully integrated Anaerobic Conditions Monitor that allows you to monitor the level of oxygen inside your chamber.
- Single plate entry system
- Data logging capability
- Internal electrical sockets
- Custom-designed trolley
- Storage trays
Sample manipulation within a secure anaerobic environment is now as easy as working aerobically at the laboratory bench.
|Capacity (Petri Dishes)||800 / 1400|
|Port/Airlock Capacity||40 x 90mm Petri dishes|
|Airlock Size||2 x 12 litres|
|Porthole System||Instant Access Ports or Conventional Oval Sleeved Ports - different port configurations available|
|Internal Mains Socket||Option available|
|Storage Trays||Option available|
|Spotlight / Inspection Lamp||Option available|
|Single Sample Entry||Option available|
|ANO2 Conditions Monitor||Option available|
|Data Logging||Option available|
|Airlock Cycle Time (seconds)||60|
|Extra Cable Glands||Option available|
|Microscope||Contact us for further information|
|Automatic Dehumidifier||Fitted as standard|
|Automatic Humidifier||Not applicable|
|Removable Front||Fitted as standard|
|Dimensions (w/d/h - mm)||2150 x 720 x 710|
|Weight (lbs/kg)||463 / 210|
|Temperature Range (°C)||5°C above ambient up to 45°C|
|A07201||Anaerobic Conditions Monitoring System|
|A04040||Automatic Gas Changeover Unit|
|A06106||Double Internal Power Socket|
|A07227||Catalyst Monitoring System|
|A03957||Nitrogen Regulator Kit|
|A03958||Hydrogen/Mixed Gas Regulator Kit|